Arthritis is an inflammation of the joints and is a chronic disease. There are over 100 types but most common are two types.
1. Osteoarthritis : which is a degenerative disease occurring in old age.
2. Rheumatoid : which is very serious as it effects the joints of fingers,knees,wrists,hips and also muscles.
In addition to pain, some common symptoms are swelling and redness around the joint, limited movement in the affected body parts, and stiffness.Arthritis can vary from mild to severe cases.
Here we list top home remedies for Arthritis
* Apple Cider Vinegar helps in relieving joint pain as it contains minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous. Add one tea spoon of each apple cider vinegar and honey in a warm cup of water and drink it daily in the morning.
* Mix 10 grams of dry ginger powder with 15 ml of castor oil and apply on the joint for relief from joint pains.
* Turmeric is very effective for arthritis, especially for Rheumatoid Arthritis. The curcumin in the turmeric helps to reduce the inflammation. Drink a glass of milk mixed with one table spoon of turmeric powder before going to bed.
* A teaspoon of black sesame seeds soaked in a quarter cup of water at night and taken early next morning. It prevents frequent joint pain.
* Drinking water kept in a copper container overnight accumulates traces of copper which strengthens the muscular system.
* Massage the affected parts with eucalyptus oil.
* Epsom salt reduces the pH levels in the body as it contains a good source of magnesium. Mix Epsom salt and fresh lemon juice in equal amounts to half a cup of warm water. Swallow one teaspoon of the mixture twice daily, one in the morning and one at night.
* The omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil have an anti-inflammatory effect in the body and can help reduce pain. Consume one or two teaspoons of fish oil daily. Include foods like cold-water fish, flax seeds in your daily diet.
* Take plenty of vitamin C because the antioxidant in it prevents the breakdown of bones by destroying the free radicals. Include lemons, oranges and other citrus fruits in your diet.
Do plenty of physical exercise to keep the joints mobile
Maintain a normal weight.
Walk over different kinds of terrain to prevent stress on the same joints every day.